- Possess a valid California Basic P.O.S.T. certificate or Basic Course waiver attained through California P.O.S.T.
- Complete an F.T.O. program and have one (1) year of California sworn peace officer status
- Minimum requires for a basic entry level position.
You will be required to pass a test of physical agility. You will be notified of the time, date and location of your test. The test day will take approximately 4 - 6 hours. Both the physical agility and written examination will take place on the same day.
Any and all questions the applicant may have about the manner of procedure in which any event of the physical agility test is performed or conducted should be asked before the testing begins. Any decisions that have to be made by the persons conducting the tests are final.
The four events in the test will be:
- Endurance Run: Run as far as possible in 12 minutes. Minimum completion of 5 laps required to pass the test. You will only be allowed to test once in this event. Score is based on distance covered. (5 laps=70%)
- Wall Scale: Run a total of 50 yards then scale a smooth 6-ft high wall. Successful scale of wall is required to pass the test. Score is based on the number of seconds required to complete the event. (17 seconds=70%)
- Maintain Grip: Run a total of 50 yards then take an overhand grip on a chinning bar. Maintain grip for (1) minute. Score is based on number of seconds required to run the 50 yards plus penalties (if any) for maintaining grip for less than (1) minute. (7.9 seconds with 0 seconds grip penalty=70%)
- Weight Drag: Run 50 feet, then transport a dead weight dummy of approx. 165 lbs. for an additional 50 feet in a backwards underarm carry with the dummy's feet on the ground. Score is based on the number of seconds required to complete the event. (16 seconds=70%)
- you must successfully complete the wall scale test (several attempts permitted) ,
- complete 5 laps around a track within 12 minutes (one attempt)